Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Nestlé's Fitness Dark-Chocolate Coated Cereal

נסטלה דגני בוקר פיטנס שוקולד מריר
Nestlé has added a new cereal to Fitness; one of their "healthier lines" of cereals. It’s called Fitness Dark-Chocolate. In a way I was sort of waiting for them to come up with this idea. Being the dark-chocoholic that I am I was really interested in tasting this cereal.

This new cereal is the dark-chocolate version of Fitness's milk-chocolate coated whole grain cereal flakes. As with their milk-chocolate version not all the flakes are coated in chocolate but enough of them are.

For some reason I first tasted this cereal with milk. That’s kind of out of the ordinary for me because I much prefer cereals dry; without milk, but this day I was in the mood of cereal with milk for breakfast so I thought it would be the perfect time to try this new cereal.

As soon as I opened the bag a strong dark-chocolate aroma hit me. That’s always a nice introduction to a product for me:)
Fitness Dark-Chocolate cereal was very crunchy as is the milk-chocolate one. Even in the milk the flakes stayed crisp and did not get too soggy.

I'm still not sure if this is a plus or a minus for me, but as with the milk-chocolate Fitness cereal the dark-chocolate coating on these cereal flakes does not integrate into the milk. The milk doesn’t turn into "chocolate milk" as it does with many chocolaty kids cereals. For some reason the first time I ate this Fitness Dark-Chocolate cereal with milk I kind of wanted it to flavor the milk as well. Then again other times I ate this cereal I was happy it didn’t turn the milk into chocolate milk.
So I guess for me the jury is still out on whether it's a pro or a con. But it's not a huge deal because the chocolate coated flakes do give the cereal a somewhat chocolaty flavor that’s appropriate for adults; its target audience.

Having eaten my fair share of the Fitness Milk-Chocolate coated cereal I wasn’t anticipating a high quality chocolate on these flakes. Sure enough the dark-chocolate wasn’t a first-rate chocolate. It had the same waxy coating that the milk-chocolate cereal flakes had but since that’s what I was anticipating I wasn’t too disappointed.

I found the Fitness Dark-Chocolate cereal to be very satisfying and I felt full after eating a normal size portion.

The dark-chocolate in this cereal is made with 55% cocoa solids.
The flakes are made of whole wheat and whole rice flour.
There are 8 vitamins, iron and folic acid added to this Fitness Dark-Chocolate cereal.  

Bottom Line: This Fitness Dark-Chocolate coated cereal was very much like the milk-chocolate version but the dark-chocolate did add a richer, deeper, bittersweet chocolaty flavor that I much preferred. For me it made this cereal more enjoyable. This may not be my favorite cereal on the market but personally I would choose this over the Fitness milk-chocolate version.

375 gram box – 21.90 NIS

Kosher Dairy BDP – Bait Din Paris
approved by the Chief Rabbinate of Israel     

Disclaimer: All items were purchased by me. No one is paying me for this review. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment