Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Merci's Box of Dark-Chocolate Fingers


מרסי שוקולד מריר
Merci; known for their fine-quality, yet inexpensive, chocolates has a new Dark-Chocolate box on the market, just in time for Rosh Hashanah. Like the Loacker's Rose Of The Dolomites bon-bons, I recently reviewed, this Merci box of chocolates would also make a sweet hostess gift for the upcoming holiday.


There are 4 different flavors in this new box of dark-chocolate fingers; Dark Cream, Coffee & Cream, Dark Mousse and Marzipan.

I don’t think the flavors are new to Merci. If I'm not mistaken they are all available in the "classic" box of Merci Chocolates as well. The difference is that in this new box you get five of each dark-chocolate flavor, whereas in the classic box I think you only get two or three of each, because the classic box also has milk-chocolate fingers. So if you're a dark-chocoholic, like I am, you should be really happy to have all 20 chocolate fingers be dark-chocolate flavors.


As I was tasting the assortment of chocolates I thought they were fairly good and actually much better quality than many dark-chocolates I've tasted. They each had a rich and distinctive flavor that I enjoyed. That is until I came to the marzipan filled dark-chocolate finger. I'm not a fan of marzipan at all but I think those that are, will enjoy this Merci marzipan filled chocolate finger, because from what I can tell, Merci's chocolates seem to be made of fine-quality luxurious ingredients.
  

This new Dark-Chocolate Merci box joins Merci's Classic and Merci's Milk-Chocolate box of fingers, as well as their "petit" chocolates that are available in a heart shaped box and smaller bags. The bags can always be empted into a candy bowl for pretty presentation.


Bottom Line: I think Merci's Box of Dark-Chocolate Fingers will make a superb thank you gift for any and all who enjoy dark-chocolate.


250 gram box of chocolates 19.99 NIS


Kosher Dairy Rabbinate Berlin Germany approved by Chief Rabbinate of Israel
לאוכלי חלב נוכרי


Disclaimer: All items were purchased by me. No one is paying me for this review. All opinions are my own.




No comments:

Post a Comment