Monday, August 22, 2011

Milka's Choco Moo Cookies

I recently reviewed Milka's Choco & Rice Chocolate Bar and before that their Milkinis Chocolates so now I have a Milka cookie to tell you about. It's called Choco Moo.


 עוגיות מילקה שוקו מוו 


This new cookie is shaped like Milka's "mascot" a cow, and it has a layer of Milka's milk-chocolate on the bottom, hence the name Choco Moo.
 
The cookie itself is crunchy and somewhat dry, kind of like a tea biscuit but much thicker. In my opinion they were much tastier, than say Osem's Petit Beurre biscuits. I thought they were sweet but not overly so. I also liked the shiny top layer of the cookie. I'm guessing it came from a thin brushed on egg wash, but I don’t know for sure. All in all, I thought the cookie was the perfect base to let the rich creamy milk-chocolate, which Milka is so known for, be the real star of this treat.
 
These cookies nostalgically reminded me of chocolate digestive biscuits that I ate quite a few of when I was in Britain, but the cookie part of this Choco Moo is more "plain" and closer to a tea biscuit rather than a "richer" , more whole grain, classic digestive biscuit. With all due respect to chocolate coated digestive biscuits, I thought the quality of Milka's milk-chocolate absolutely elevated these Choco Moo biscuits for me. I would even go so far as to say, these Milka biscuits surpassed any and all of the chocolate digestive biscuits I so fondly remember.  

When I first opened the packaged I was kind of surprised to see that so many of the cookies were cracked. It's possible that it was my fault, and they cracked in transit from the supermarket to my house, but given how thick the cookies are and that the package is sectioned into three; I was a little surprised that they cracked so easily.    
 
I liked that the top of the wrapper has a re-closable "lid". "Surprise surprise" it actually works! It seems to have a good quality adhesive. Even though I opened and closed it quite a lot, it still stuck and stayed "glued" time and time again. I also thought that the width of the "tape" on the sides of the part that you lift open was perfect. Even if I didn’t close it exactly the way it was originally wrapped there was still enough of the tape to "catch" the side of the wrapper and seal up nicely. I think all cookie companies should take a lesson from this Milka wrapper.   

Bottom Line: I read in the press release that these Milka Choco Moo Biscuits are geared toward children but, regardless of their fun cow shape, I think that kids of all ages will enjoy this cookie, I know I did :)

200 gram package 12.90 NIS

Kosher dairy triangle K D
לאוכלי אבקת חלב נוכרי, אפייה ישראל, ללא חשש חדש, השגחת הרב אריה רלב"ג ארה"ב





Update: Winner of 2012 Product of the Year Award Israel

Disclaimer: All items were purchased by me. No one is paying me for this review. All opinions are my own.

This weeks
is now up on

2 comments:

  1. My kids would lov this I gotta look out for it

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) super cool - if/when your kids try them let me know what they think:)

    ReplyDelete