Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Jump's Lightly Carbonated Peach Ice Tea

ג'אמפ תה קר מוגז עדין בטעם אפרסק 
Tempo; one of the leading beverage companies here in Israel, have a new Jump product on the market that they're calling a "Lightly Carbonated Peach Ice Tea".

I may have mentioned in past reviews of say Schweppes and Kinley's Mandarin Drinks and Kinley's Pear-Apple Soft-Drink that I'm not a huge fan of carbonated drinks so I waited to taste this Jump Carbonated Ice Tea together with my friend so I can give you her opinion as well.  

Jump's Lightly Carbonated Peach Ice Tea comes in a tallish thin tin can. I think I mentioned in my review of Illy's Cold Coffees that I don’t love drinking out of tin cans, to me they somewhat affect the taste of the drink. Therefore I poured my ice tea into a glass, but my friend preferred to drink it from the tin.

When I handed the ice tea tin to my friend she mentioned that on her recent summer vacation in Europe she noticed a few such carbonated ice tea drinks.  She thinks it’s a trend of sorts that Tempo must be "copying" from Europe but she can't compare them because she didn’t actually taste any carbonated ice teas during her travels.

The first thing to hit me as I was pouring my ice tea into the cup was the strong inviting peach aroma I recognized from Jump's regular Peach Ice Tea.

Next I noticed quite a bit of carbonation so much so I thought it looked like a beer.

My friend enjoyed the drink VERY much and thought it was exactly what Tempo said it would be a "carbonated Jump peach ice tea". She liked the strong peach flavor and thought it had a nice sweet peach tea taste. She found it very refreshing and a change of pace from regular sodas or other ice teas she normally drinks.

I, on the other hand, really didn’t enjoy it. Firstly I'd say it was very sweet but almost all the ice teas I've tasted and reviewed (like say Nestea's Exotic Flavored Ice Tea with Green Tea and Vitaminchick Peach Ice-Tea) seemed too sweet to me.

More importantly, I thought it was far from lightly carbonated as they'd "promised" it would be. I just could not get passed the heavy carbonation.

I tasted more peach than ice tea, but I can't say that bothered me all that much.

Jump's Carbonated Peach Ice Tea has no colorants and no preservatives, but sugar is its second ingredient after water.

Bottom Line: Although I like peach flavored ice tea I didn’t enjoy it carbonated. Still, I give Tempo/Jump credit for trying something new, even if they are just copying something they saw overseas. My friend summed it up saying "if you enjoy carbonated drinks and you're looking for something a little different; this Carbonated Peach Ice Tea might be right up your alley".

Four 250 mL tins – 15.00 NIS

Kosher Badatz and OU

Disclaimer: All items were purchased by me. No one is paying me for this review. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment