Monday, July 25, 2011

Mentos Pineapple Candies

מנטוס אננס
Mentos, who recently gave us a line of Mentos Gums, have now added another flavor to their ever expanding line of Mentos Candies. Their new "summer flavor" is pineapple.

 As soon as I opened the "roll" of candies I could clearly smell a strong pineapple aroma. Not surprisingly I thought it had more of an artificial pineapple smell than that of fresh pineapples, but what did I expect from a flavored candy? I popped one in my mouth and straight away my suspicions were confirmed, it tasted exactly the way I thought it would; "pineapple sweet" yet somewhat tangy and definitely a strong artificial "pineapply" flavor.

 In almost every other way I thought it was like all the other fruit flavored Mentos candies. I did think this Pineapple Mentos candy was a little harder than most fresh Mentos candies. That seemed odd to me considering that it’s a brand new flavor. I thought it should be extremely fresh, so I'm not sure why it felt somewhat stale to me.   

When I asked a friend of mine, who I know absolutely loves Mentos candies, what she thought of this new pineapple flavored Mentos she said that as a whole she too is not a big fan of pineapple flavored items. She only tasted it because it's Mentos, she can't help but taste every Mentos that comes on the market.

Her bottom line was that she didn't really enjoy this flavor and said the pineapple was a little "too exotic" for her taste. She added that it's OK if she doesn’t like them all because thankfully there are about 12 other Mentos flavors for her to choose from, so she never runs out of options. I asked if her pack seemed stale, she said no, they were fresh and chewy, so I guess it was just my pack that wasn't all that fresh for some reason.


Bottom Line: If you enjoy artificial pineapple flavor these Mentos Pineapple Candies might be right up your ally. Being that I don’t really like that flavor I'll skip it and stick to my favorite Mentos; mint!  

 Roll of 14 Mentos Candies 3 NIS

Kosher Parve Badatz

Disclaimer: All items were purchased by me. No one is paying me for this review. All opinions are my own.





The Blog Carnival website seems
to have finally fixed whatever technical issues
 it was having the past few weeks so
has kindly done a
Make sure to check it out J




No comments:

Post a Comment