Friday, June 24, 2011

Energy's 60% Dark Chocolate Cereal Bar with Banana or Cranberries


אנרג'י שטראוס
 חטיף דגנים עם חמוציות 

Strauss Energy has added 2 new flavors to their 60% Cocoa Solids Dark Chocolate Cereal Bars. One has Bananas added and the other has Cranberries.


Seeing that I don’t really enjoy when banana flavor is added to a product, like with Tnuva's Chocolate-Banana Diet Pudding, I decided to skip the banana one and instead I tasted the Cranberry Energy Cereal Bar.

I was somewhat disappointed in this new 60% Dark Chocolate and Cranberries Cereal Bar. Almost everything about it was mediocre at best. Yes is was soft and chewy and yes I thought it had the right amount of cranberries, not too many but the cranberry flavor was present. Still there was nothing very special about this cereal bar.

The 60% Dark Chocolate layer at the bottom of the bar left a waxy after taste, which really bothered me. Especially since I recently tried the Nature Valley Chewy Dark Chocolate Peanuts & Raisins Granola Bar, in comparison the quality of the dark chocolate that Nature Valley uses is just so wonderful and rich. It emphasized for me what a poor quality dark chocolate spread was used on this Energy cereal bar.


Once I tasted Nature Valleys Dark Chocolate Granola Bars there was no going back to an Energy or Fitness Dark Chocolate Cereal Bar.

This Energy 60% Dark Chocolate and Cranberries Cereal Bar had 95 calories per bar.

Bottom Line: Energy's 60% Dark Chocolate with Cranberries Cereal Bar is fine. There was nothing horrible about it, other than the waxy aftertaste, but nothing amazing about it either. I for one am sticking to Nature Valley's Dark Chocolate Granola bars. I really like their crunchy ones, but their soft chewy dark chocolate granola bar has actually become my "go to" cereal bar. I think it may be my all time favorite Granola/Cereal bar ever! All the components used in making the Nature Valley bars seem to be of much better quality than anything Energy or Fitness has ever used.



Update: Nature Valley Won a Product of the Year Awards 2013 for their line of Dark Chocolate Granola Bars, both the crunchy and soft bars are winners.



Box of 6 individually wrapped Cereal Bars – 17.90 NIS

Kosher Rabbinate Nazareth- Illit



Disclaimer: All items were purchased by me. No one is paying me for this review. All opinions are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment