Sunday, April 3, 2011

Tivoll & Chef Erez Komrovsky's Eggplant or Zucchini "Burger"

It seems to be a trend of sorts for big companies to team up with successful Chef's to try and make a less commercial product. Tivoll teamed up with Chef Erez Komrovsky awhile ago and now have added 2 new products to their joint line;

 Zucchini "Burger" covered with Flax Seeds and
Spicy Eggplant "Burger".

Zucchini "Burger"/Patty-Cake
I really enjoyed the zucchini "burger" (patty-cake); it had a clean vegetable taste. There were other flavors but nothing overpowered the pure fresh zucchini taste. The "burger" has fairly large chucks of zucchini that I thought would bother me but they were perfectly soft and gave a real "home style" taste to the zucchini patty-cake.

I didn’t think the flax seeds added or subtracted too much from the overall flavor but they didn’t bother me in anyway. They most likely contributed to the crispness of the outside leaving the inside wonderfully moist and enjoyable.

The zucchini "burger"/patty-cake was a wholesome & refreshing pleasant surprise that can be eaten as a side dish or even a main course for vegetarians.

Spicy Eggplant "Burger"/ Patty-Cake
The eggplant "burger"/ patty-cake has a little more of a complex mix of flavors but I would not categorize it as spicy. As with the zucchini "burger" I warmed up the eggplant "burger" in an oven and not the microwave so again the outside was crispy leaving the inside perfectly moist.

I didn't like the eggplant "burger" as much as I enjoyed the zucchini one. Not that it was bad or anything I just really preferred the freshness of the zucchini flavor.
I think those who like baked or fried eggplant would enjoy this Tivoll eggplant "burger" /patty-cake very much.

According to the packaging both products do not have added preservatives. They are both made with fresh herbs and are a good source of fiber.

I should have transferred all the "burgers"/patty-cakes into a vacuum sealed zip-lock bag immediately after buying them. Although they were completely sealed, and only sat in my freezer for a few days, I did see icicles when I opened the package. Even though they come in a zip-lock package, in order to prevent freezer burn, I will not keep them in the packaging they came in.

Bottom Line: I think Tivoll and Chef Erez Komrovsky have really succeeded in making a commercial product much more "home-style" and enjoyable.

500 grams 28.90 NIS

Kosher Rabbinate Nahariya

Disclaimer: All items were purchased by me. No one is paying me for this review. All opinions are my own.

This week's edition of Haveil Havalim Blog Carnival is up on

No comments:

Post a Comment