Sunday, April 10, 2011

Strauss's Energy Shape Kosher for Pesach Cereal Bar

As I've mentioned before, cereal-bars are very popular these days, rightfully so in my opinion. They're very convenient as a "grab and go snack" or "meal replacement", if they're filling enough.  So I was happy to see that Energy has a Kosher for Pesach cereal-bar. It can be a convenient snack to take along on a trip or an outing, this Chol-HaMoed Pesach.

Of all Energy's Chametz cereal-bars I'm not surprised that it’s the nuts & milk-chocolate cereal-bar they chose to make a Pesach version of. I'm guessing it's their most popular cereal-bar. Since I much prefer bittersweet-chocolate I think it would have been wonderful if they also had a bittersweet-chocolate Pesach cereal-bar, I guess there's always next year.

Energy's Pesach cereal-bar is fairly sweet, for me it was slightly too sweet, but then again I find most cereal-bars too sweet for my taste.

This 99 calorie cereal-bar is Kitniyot it's made with 40% rice and corn flour cereal.

I don't think it tastes very different than its Chametz version; it's soft & chewy and has a nice layer of milk-chocolate on the bottom, just like the chametz one. I would say if you like the Chametz version you're likely to enjoy this Pesach cereal-bar as well.

Energy also has a new "Crunch" cereal-bar on the market, stay tuned for that review coming up here on my blog, right after Pesach.J  

Bottom Line: I think it's wonderful that there's a 99 calorie cereal- bar available for Pesach, maybe next year they can work out a way to make a low calorie non-Kitnyiot (bittersweet-chocolate) bar as well.         

6 bars, 26 grams each – 16.90 NIS

Kosher: Milk - Cholov Yisrael
Kosher for Passover- Kitniyot- Rabbinate Nazareth-Illit  

Disclaimer: All items were purchased by me. No one is paying me for this review. All opinions are my own.

This week's edition of Haveil Havalim Blog Carnival is up on

No comments:

Post a Comment