Friday, April 1, 2011

Bulletin: Prigat's New Bottle Cap

Another new packaging of sorts that’s getting some attention is Prigat's new bottle cap.


The fact is the juices inside are exactly the same as they have always been. Prigat claims the new cap is intended to make it "easier to open". It adds no benefit to the juice itself. I, for one, had no problem with the old cap and never had a hard time opening them. I don’t really see the reason to make a bigger cap, using more plastic, which may or may not end up in the recycling bin. It must be that they are just fallowing a trend; a friend who lives in the USA pointed out, to me, that Tropicana Trop50 has a similar new cap on their bottles. (As far as I know Tropicana is not available here.)

Prigat added a sticker on the cap; because otherwise you would not have known if the bottle had been opened already or not. With the old cap you have a "security strip" at the bottom that visibly comes apart once the cap was opened but this new cap does not have that, so they added the sticker. If it's ripped then the cap has been opened. With all the technology we have available these days, all Prigat can come up with is a sticker! I wasn't impressed, but their juices are still perfectly enjoyable as they always have been.

Disclaimer: All items were purchased by me. No one is paying me for this post. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment