Thursday, February 3, 2011

Osem's Flat Salt Pretzel

אסם בייגלה שטוחים
Osem's newest pretzel is a welcomed addition to my snack cupboard. Until now I've been a fan, exclusively, of the big salty pretzels. I like when you get a nice crunch for your bite  so I was excited to try the new flat pretzels from Osem. I was pleasantly surprised that they surpassed my current favorite: the jumbo salt pretzels.
 Osem's flat salt pretzels are somewhere between a pretzel and a cracker. They can be eaten alone as a snack or with a dip / salad as part of a meal. That to me is a big plus. I always liked the taste of pretzels with say tuna salad but the shape of a regular pretzel does not lend itself well to be used as a cracker with tuna salad. This flat pretzel is the perfect solution.
In my opinion they are perfectly salted and have an excellent crunch factor.
Regarding the packaging, I think the glasses smiley face is fun and exciting but, not sure it really has much to do with the flat pretzel inside the bag.
 I also hate when snack bags cannot be reclosed properly to keep the snack inside fresh, but, that's a whole other story for a different blog post.  I have to say in my trusted "lock and lock container" these pretzel stayed perfectly fresh and crunchy.

They are also available with sesame seeds instead of the salt but I did not try the sesame seed ones.  
Bottom line: A nice new twist to a classic loved snack
350 gram bag-12.00 NIS 
Hechsher : Badatz 
*update* I repurchased the pretzels today and noticed that they have a sticker that is intended to be used to reclose the bag.  I didn't see that last time, either I missed it or it’s a new addition regardless, I still do not think it is an adequate way to keep the snack fresh but, I have to give them credit for trying. I've seen pretzels in the USA that have a "Ziploc" style closing, that is more what I am looking for, granted that most likely would bring up the price of the snack and I would probably still end up transferring my pretzels to a container, for organization purposes, but I still would rather have the option of a "Ziploc" style closing. 



Disclaimer: All items were purchased by me.  No one is paying me for this review. All opinions are my own.

1 comment:

  1. Those actually sound really good - I'll look for them!

    ReplyDelete