Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Nestle Crunch Duo Cereal

Nestle added a new cereal to their "Crunch" line of cereals. This one is called Crunch DUO because it's a combination of chocolate and white chocolate. The cereal itself is a mix of brown and white small, scoop like, moon shaped pieces.

Crunch Duo does live up to its name and is quite crunchy. Even when mixed with milk Crunch Duo remained fairly crunchy and did not get soggy like some other cereals do. It did however turn the milk in the bowl to a light chocolate-milk color and flavor.

I personally preferred the cereal dry and very crunchy, without milk, but the 9 year old, chocolate loving child, who tasted it, was much happier eating it with milk.

Although Nestle clearly advertises, along the top of the box (among other places) that the cereal is made with whole wheat flour, that's just part of the story. There's a combination of whole wheat, regular wheat and white rice flour, which in all, makes up the flour part of this cereal.

The cereal does have real white chocolate and real coco powder in it. The coco powder gives it a very chocolaty taste, but, (mainly with regard to the white chocolate) I clearly noticed, and really didn't enjoy, the waxy taste of the artificial flavor enhancers mixed in at the end.

Crunch Duo has 10.7 grams of sugar for a 30 gram portion of cereal

As with many cereals these days, this one has vitamins and minerals added, 10 in all, including Iron and Vitamin C.

Even taking into account the vitamins, minerals, and the partial whole wheat flour used in the cereal, it's by no means one of the healthier cereals available.

Bottom line: Although I can imagine many kids really enjoying this cereal, for me the waxy aftertaste will stop me from wanting to eat Crunch Duo again.

520 gram box-25.20-28.00 NIS

Kosher Dairy- French Rabbinical Court with the compliance of the
Chief Rabbinate of Israel
אבקת חלב נוחרי  

Disclaimer: All items were purchased by me.  No one is paying me for this review. All opinions are my own.



4 comments:

  1. Just bought this for my kids' shabbat cereal since they were out of Trix - I'll let you know how they review it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gila Rose I would love to hear their review:)...BeTeavon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is any way to buy it in new york?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kuki1982 I do not know if they are available in New York I will try to find out for you.

    ReplyDelete